Spinsonic Circus is committed to:
• ensuring that existing members of staff, volunteers and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination
• developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which people are treated equitably, and where they can realise their potential whatever their age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, parental status, religion, belief or non-belief, social or economic class, employment status, or any other criteria that cannot be shown to be properly justifiable
• ensuring that there will be open access to all those who wish to participate in any aspects of circus activities, and they are treated fairly
Equality of opportunity and inclusivity is fundamental to our vision and values. Our practices are implemented to prevent and tackle any potential or current discrimination or other unfair treatment, whether intentional or unintentional, direct or indirect, against its employees, teachers, members, participants or volunteers.
This policy applies to:
• employees, contractors & volunteers at Spinsonic Circus
• all applicants regarding recruitment
• all those who wish to participate in circus activities
The aim of this policy is to ensure that every applicant, contractor, employee, teacher, volunteer or member of Spinsonic Circus is treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
Spinsonic Circus will ensure that its policies, procedures and practices comply with current legislation.
The Director is responsible for ensuring that this policy is followed and to deal with any actual or potential breaches.
The Director has the overall responsibility for the implementation of this policy and achieving the equality action plan.
All employees, contractors, teachers, volunteers and members have responsibilities to respect, act in accordance with and thereby support and promote the spirit and intentions of the policy and, where appropriate, individual work programmes will be amended to include equity related tasks.
Implementation and Monitoring
Spinsonic Circus will ensure that employees, contractors and volunteers are made aware of our Equality and Diversity Policy during their induction and as appropriate throughout their engagement.
A copy of this document will be available to all staff (both permanent and contract), teachers, members and volunteers of Spinsonic Circus .
Measures to ensure that employment practices are non-discriminatory will be implemented.
No job applicant will be placed at a disadvantage by requirements or conditions which are not necessary to the performance of the job or which constitute unfair discrimination.
We will share this policy with consultants and advisers and obtain email acknowledgement that they will adhere to the contents.
Equality and diversity will be considered at the outset in the development of all products, services and programmes and will be discussed (with minutes taken) at appropriate meetings.
Monitoring will be undertaken by evaluating feedback, both positive and negative from our employees and from any other means that such feedback is received.
Evaluation of any such feedback will be carried out by the Director.
This Policy will be covered in all employee, teacher and volunteer induction training.
A summary of any revisions will be published via appropriate communications.
This Policy will be available on the Spinsonic Circus website.
Senior members of staff are responsible for dealing with complaints under this policy.
An employee, teacher, volunteer or member who believes they have not been treated equitably in accordance with the Equality and Diversity Policy should raise the matter with their line manager or the Equality Lead Officer for their organisation in the first instance.
No member of staff will be victimised for bringing a complaint under this policy.
If you have any questions which relate to this policy or if you wish to discuss any instances of discrimination or inequality you have witnessed or experienced, please contact the Director of Spinsonic Circus at email@example.com